Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ipsy - Glam Bag - July 2014 - Full Review

Hi friends,

This was a so-so bag for me, maybe one of the most disappointing from Ipsy since I became a subscriber. If you are new to Ipsy, it is a monthly sample subscription for cosmetics name brands, mostly makeup, for which you pay $10 (monthly). I still think it is a great bargain when considering the size of the samples (most are deluxe or travel size and there is always a full size). Ipsy is a great way to discover new brands, or if you are like me, get your monthly makeup fix while saving big time money! Here is what I received for my July 2014 bag:




                                                                                                                                                                       1. Bare Minerals - 5 in 1 - Creamy Mineral Eye Shadow in Divine Wine :

At first I was not thrilled about receiving this item, to be honest it is the exact same color than the Maybeline Color Tattoo in Deep Forest ( part of the Leather Collection). But, this turned out to be a good surprise! This eye shadow glides on and blends beautifully, leaving a wonderful hint of taupe (the one I received is called Diving Wine). Further, it stays on all day! It did create a crease line, but I managed to reduced that effect afterwards by ensuring my lids were properly primed prior to application. I do recommend this product, though it is a bit pricey, so if you are on a budget, the Maybeline Color Tattoo is just as good and provides the same effect. $18.






2. Hang Ten - #8 - Sun Tanning Oil:

I really did not care for this product, it does not help that I am the wrong customer for this kind of item, I do not tan, at all and avoid the sun like the Bubonic Plague. It has a pleasant scent, it was not overly greasy but as a tanning oil, I am sorry as I can offer no help. $11.99.











3. Pixi - Tinted Brilliance Lip Balm in Unique:

Here is an interesting product. It goes on as a translucent balm with a hint of shimmer (almost glitter) but reacts to your body temperature and turns to a "mood" shade. Unfortunately, it just turned out a pale - as in barely noticeable - shade of pink for me. The formula is okay. I am not crazy about this and cannot recommend it since it was a bit of a downer and at $14, no thanks!



4. Whet - Nail Polish in Garish (that's the name I gave it) Blue:

I am sorry, I could not bring myself to try this, not even on my toes! The color is just plain wrong for me. This is a runoff the mill formula as judged by its fluidity and rather lousy tiny brush. But if you like it, the real name is Facetious. $18 per bottle, to me it's the equivalent of a bad joke, or maybe a Halloween that went awry.









5. Be Fine - Food Skin Care - Daily Moisturizer:

This was supposed to be a moisturizer with Rosemary and Pomegranate but it turned out to be a completely unscented dud. This felt nice enough as a hand cream but honestly and on my skin, it was just too oily. I am not recommending this one either. $24 for nothing more than a very basic moisturizer, I don't think so.  








So there you have it, my full review on the July Ipsy Glam Bag. I really was not thrilled with it.  Aside from the cute little pink pouch and the  Bare Minerals Eye Shadow, this bag was by far my least favorite this year.
 
I hope you enjoy reading my reviews, don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel for opening videos, swatches and DIY projects.
 
Here is the video for this Ipsy Bag:
 
 
                        


Here is the referral link for those of you who want to get your own Ipsy Bag Subscription:

Referral Link

Connect with me:
 
Mailing address:

My Great Challenge
PO Box 402
519 POMPTON AVE
CEDAR GROVE, NJ 07009-9998



Thank you for reading and sharing my blog.


Sophia, NJ.
 

3 comments:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Follow our signals today and gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need free Twitter Re-tweets?
    Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Text Your Ex Back?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your feedback and comments. If you have a question or a specific request, do not hesitate, I am here to help! Thanks, S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover