Monday, February 24, 2014

A5 Planner setup and supplies - 2014

Hi friends,

This is the coordinating post for my latest YouTube video series on my Franklin Covey Classic Planner which unfortunately is discontinued in this size but is still available in the Compact (slightly wider than the Filofax Personal) size.
I use the Boston in emerald green and have been loving it for quite some time now. The leather is of very good quality, soft and supple, and the price is also very affordable (on sale for $49.50)!
This post is mostly about the supplies I use as well as a general overview of the contents of my planner.

I keep my planner organized and as clutter free as possible.



One of the main reason for keeping decoration to a minimum is my desire to avoid as many distractions as possible. But since I needed to make it my own, I have dedicated the first four pages to family pictures and sentiments. I see them everyday, but they never are distracting me from the tasks and planning I need to focus on.




For instance, and above, I use the Martha Stewart's top loading sheets to keep pictures of my boys as well as a full chapter of a vintage copy of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

Inside the left pocket, I keep the bare minimum (inside a Post-It repositionable envelope).


I only need a few items: post its, a few flags and a selection of washi-tape I wrapped around an old ID card.

Supplies I use for this section:

"Sn@p! Pages Double-Sided Heavyweight Cardstock  I use this paper collection throughout my planner.
Martha Stewart Secure Top Sheet Protectors I use these top loading sheet protectors to insert mementoes and page dividers.
Martha Stewart Planner Insert Stickie notes These are some of my favorite stickie notes. The best part is that they come attached to a sturdy sheet of plastic (a planner insert) which can be cut to size. Above, I only keep the blue ones inside the pocket.
3M - Post-It Pockets I love,love love! these post-it pockets. they are made of durable plastic and are shaped like envelopes. The back has a stickie side which allows the pocket to stay put and flat within my secretarial pocket. It is big enough to contain the few supplies I carry around and the Velcro closure keeps all my supplies nicely tucked in.

For further detail, check out my two videos below:

Part I - Focus Section:
 



Part II - Home Management Section:




As you can tell by the titles above, I have divided my planner into two distinct categories: a Focus Section and a Home Management Section.

 Focus Section :

Here, I keep all my calendars (monthly and week-on-two-pages). I also have additional dividers for  Goals, Wishlist and Blog/Vlog Sections.




For my week-on-two pages, I use my own inserts which can be found in all three sizes (A5/Compact/Personal) on my Etsy shop. This is where I plan my weekly to-dos, appointments, billing as well as journaling and water, rx and vitamins tracking.



I also keep all my goals for 2014 which  I divided into two separate categories: personal and home goals. In my Blog/Vlog category, I keep a simple schedule of blogs and vlogs I want to work on for the next four months, as well as a breakdown (to-dos)  for specific videos. Basically, this is where I plan My Great Challenge.

The wishlist category is further divided using the Post-it Tabs into Books to Read/Buy, To Buy and Gift Ideas.


Home Management:




Here, I keep all my routines including cleaning routines and a section for future meal planning.




I also have a large section dedicated solely to budgeting and paying off our debt as I follow the Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover method to do so. Again, refer back to my video to find out more about this section.


 


The Home Management section also contains a large category where every room of my home has a dedicated section for upcoming projects and to-dos.

I also keep another section for passwords as well as a health section for doctors follow ups, general health info, fitness etc.

In the back, I keep a few stickers, just for fun and added color.




So there you have it, this was a brief overview of my planner setup and again, everything is showcased with great detail in my two videos.
 





Thank you for reading and sharing my blog.

Connect with me on:

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
YOUTUBE

Sophia, NJ.

*My blog contains affiliate advertising for which I receive a small commission when you purchase from the links provided. I was not solicited to review any of the products mentioned. All opinions are my own.

11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your video and like some of your ideas. I have also struggled with a budget so I am going to try your ideas. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Where did you get these pockets with the 4 photo's? Is it A5 size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are part of the Martha Stewart for Avery line , available at Staples.

      Delete
  3. Hi. I am really enjoying your blog. I just wanted to know if you have abandoned your original home filing system on the bench now that you have your weekly plans in your planner. Do you still use the folders etc? Do you use the week at a glance plans on the folders aswell as the weekly plans in your planner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, You are correct, because I now have a planner I can carry, I no longer use the folder system that was on my counter. It was great but not portable. And since I pretty much oversee all the scheduling and billing in the house, my husband does not really need it, if something is needed, I tell him. LOL. That Franklin Covey planner is great! I bought the smaller size for my work but with the FC inserts instead. THank you for reading my blog.
      Sophia

      Delete
  4. Where are the glitter bubble stickers from i have been searching for them for ages, they are actually not for my planner because like you said in your video they can make things quick thick and stick up, but i think they will work very well on my wall calender for my husbands and my work/pay days, days off and children's events

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some at target in scrapbooking section.

      Delete
  5. I just could not leave your website prior to suggesting that I really loved the
    usual info a person provide to your guests?
    Is gonna be again incessantly to investigate cross-check new posts

    Here is my web-siterecycled,move home,tape,sellotape,furniture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minimal decorations ave so important for space. I only decorate move permanent sections, like dividers.

    http://giftieetcetera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! What is the tab "Black Ops"?? LOL

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your feedback and comments. If you have a question or a specific request, do not hesitate, I am here to help! Thanks, S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover