Sunday, August 18, 2013

Eco Emi - July 2013 - Full Review

Hi friends,

July 2013 was such a great box from EcoEmi! I am starting to think this is by far my best sample subscription and cannot recommend it enough.


For those of you who are not familiar with Eco Emi, it is a monthly sample subscription dedicated to organic and natural products. Every month, for $15 - shipping included - you will receive at least 8 samples ranging from skin care, bath products, makeup, food and more! Thus far, I have received a full size item in each one of my boxes. I really think this is the best way to feed the skincare/makeup junkie in some of us...I get to save money while enjoying a variety of products and it never gets boring, that's for sure!

Sadly, there was no makeup sample in the July box but look at the selection! Isn't it a great one?
 


Here is my review:

                                                
JULY Eco Emi  -  2013



Eartha Essential - Stress Relief Bath Soak - A
Full price $8 / 4 oz.
 A mix of Castille Soap, Almond Oil, Lavender and Ylang Ylang, this is a wonderfully relaxing bath soak. 
This is not a bubble bath, but more like a combination of essential oils you would run under your bath water. A little goes a long way. Because this is a soak that will condition your water, there isn't much bubble or lather to be expected. I did not find it left a residue on my tub either. Overall, I would say that this is a very good alternative to those pricey Bath Bombs and Bath Salts. 
One drawback though, I did not find the scent had any staying power on my skin, which is kind of too bad since I love the smell of Ylang Ylang. 
I would recommend this to anyone who wants a luxurious bath experience without the suds. Visit their site here.






Eartha Essentials - Lushfull Lips Scrub - C
Full price $5.00 / 0.5 oz.


I did not care about this product at all. I felt it was messy to use and needed to either be placed in the refrigerator or mixed with a tiny spatula to ensure an even mix. Otherwise, the coconut oil would separate and I would end up with a goopy mess. 

I only used it once and was not thrilled. The fact that it was a task on its own to apply it, was a turn off for me, so I never tried it again.
The following day I felt my lips where unusually dry - not chapped - just very dry and I don't think that is what the company had in mind when launching this product. I am not recommending it. Sorry!

The smell is definitely that of lemon, I could not really smell the mango part or the beeswax either. Either way, it's not for me!





Aubrey - Body Spritzer in Tangelo Twist - B
Full price $6.95 / 5 oz


I was a bit disappointed by this body spray. The scent itself is simply wonderful, very citrusy, very refreshing and a perfect one for the summer months. Unfortunately, and perhaps it is my skin, I found that it had zero staying power, and I mean none! It smelled great on my neck and other pulse points for about 15 minutes and then, woosh, it was gone!
I am going to keep it as an on-the-go spray, I may actually use it in my car for a quick refresher, but quite frankly, this was a let down for me. Which is too bad because I really like Aubrey as a brand. Visit Aubrey Organics - Made in America - to check out their great shampoos.





Blissoma - Amend Facial Solar Repair and Anti-Aging serum - D
Full size $48.99/1 oz


What a waste! First, this sample was so small, there is no way anyone could determine the efficiency of this serum based on the 5 drops available in this tiny bottle!
I mentioned in the open box post that I was horrified by the rubber smell not to mention the texture which, If I recall well, I had associated with some kind of infection, if you know what I mean.
With that in mind, I actually struggled to try this sample. I am not weird myself, it's the product that looks and smells weird. Well anyway, I did try it...three times and quite frankly it did nothing for me. I did not find my skin to be rejuvenated, more moisturized, toned or anything like that. It was immediately absorbed and did not feel like a serum at all.
Then again, this is definitely a bias statement on my part since I am a big fan of Elixir 7.9 Youth Intensifier from Yves Rocher.

Plus look at the price: $48.99/1 oz. Definitely not for me!





Fortune Cookie Soap - Whipped Cream Body Butter - B
Full price $10.99 / 5 oz


I know there are a lot of fans of the Fortune Cookie Soap brand out there, so I was pretty excited about trying one of their body butters.
Unfortunately, this was just okay for me.

The sample size was a good one with plenty use and I still have a lot leftover. 

This is a very rich and very moisturizing butter, I guess this is the good part. It absorbs very well and does not leave a greasy residue on your skin.

I just did not care for the scent. It was very reminiscent of soap, but not in a good way. More like laundry soap or antibacterial bar soap. It's supposed to be Meyer lemon and garden mint. I did not smell much of the mint in this sample.

I can tell by the name "Mother Pucker" that this is targeting a younger audience...cough, cough, need I say more? This looks like the kind of stuff one would find at Lush Cosmetics Stores. They have their own audience. THe quality is excellent but not out of this world and Scent + Name are a no go for me! But I can see a teenage girl going crazy over this stuff! There are enough good quality whipped butters out there for me to choose from.



French Girls Organics - Rose Cleansing Scrub - A+
Full price $20 / 4 oz.



"Rose cleansing Scrub Vegan friendly organic materials such as rose, hibiscus, steel cut oats, to cleanse and refresh [  ] can be used as a mask to provide a spa treatment".

Could it be another Hall of Fame?

This month, my Birchbox also introduced me to a similar product (Wei Pomegranate Buffing beads) which I liked very much. But this one kicked it up a notch!

It definitely has a gritty texture but it is very fine and not harsh at all on my skin.







You can mix it to either your regular skin cleanser or a natural mask (yogurt or honey).
It did a fantastic job at polishing the surface of my skin and smells wonderful (definitely Rose which is one of my favorite scents). It also rinses very well. The texture itself is much finer than the Wei sample I tried from July's Birchbox. This product has made it to my Hall of Fame and I am definitely recommending it.
You can purchase this product on the French Girls Etsy Shop.



Limitless Skies - Sleep Mask
$5 each

Well, I cannot say much about this mask since I have not used it yet. I am planning a trip at the end of this month and will definitely take it with me. I do like the material though, it is fleece on the under side and cotton on the outside. It is a good item to have around.









This was a very good box. I did miss the staple makeup item, but overall, Eco Emi continues to deliver big time, month after month. I still believe this subscription is a great value and cannot encourage you enough to get your own...It's like Christmas every month!

Thank you for  liking and sharing MGC with friends and family.

Sophia, NJ

You can find me on FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE

*This site contains affiliate advertising. I am not affiliated with EcoEmi and am not compensated to review their monthly box. I am affiliated with Yves Rocher and will receive a small compensation under the form of a commission for products your purchase on their site. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your feedback and comments. If you have a question or a specific request, do not hesitate, I am here to help! Thanks, S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover